Sunday 18 October 2015

Baking Round Up

This post is mainly pictures - I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear! Sometimes when I am baking in a rush or when I am baking something I make a lot I don't take many pictures or notes which means I can't share the full recipe. I thought I would do a little baking round up - pictures of the bakes that haven't quite made it onto their own posts. If there are any that take your fancy and you would like to recipe let me know and I will happily write up a full post.

For now though, enjoy the pictures!

Most of these bakes were made for the annual music festival my Dad puts on in our back garden every August. Stevie Feathers (my boyfriend) and I run a little cocktail bar which this year, half way through the day transformed into a cake stall. It was so much fun! It gave me a little taster of what it would be like having my own cafe. All the guests queued up to sample the baked goods which were all gone very quickly! I made millionaires shortbread, rocky road, scones, a Victoria sponge and Mary Berry's frosted walnut cake with added coffee.

This was the chocolate on top of my millionaire shortbread

Rocky Road
Rocky Road


Frosted Coffee and Walnut Cake
Coffee and Walnut Cake
Scones - plain, sultana and cherry
Me dishing out the cake - please excuse the masses of alcohol underneath! We were also running a bar!
Serving cake to the masses!

My next bake also needs some explaining! A long time ago my sister had a dream that our cousin Bruce was coming to visit but he was bitterly disappointed that the cat shaped cake he was promised by our Mum wasn't delivered! It has been a bit of a running joke each time we have seen him since. I decided that after over a year waiting he should finally have the cat cake he had been promised in dream land. So I made these cat cupcakes. These were made in a very similar way to the pirate cupcakes I have made previously - for instructions click here. Just tinker with it a little bit to make cats instead.


Use a paint brush and food colouring to add detail. The whiskers are made out of spaghetti.

Baguettes - inspired by the Great British Bake Off 
Baguettes
 The final bakes were made for a recent team away day and Macmillan coffee morning. Both recipes were taken from Frances Quinn's new book Quinntessential Baking. I highly recommend this book! Great flavours and even better ideas and presentation. I made honey and orange flapjacks with an orange marzipan bee and 'millionaire shortchange'. Fortunately supermarkets stock Christmas chocolates so about August so sourcing chocolate coins wasn't an issue!




I hope these pictures have inspired you to get in the kitchen. I still have a lot of blog posts to catch up on including sticky toffee trick or treat cupcakes; a Christmas Genoa cake; a lemon and raspberry showstopper; a caramel and Thornton's chocolate tart and two different bread recipes!

Don't miss out on new posts and make sure you subscribe! You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Happy baking - let me know if you try any of my recipes.

Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment