Wednesday 22 July 2015

Salted Caramel Cookies

A few weeks ago I made some gooey and delicious salted caramel brownies as my first chocolate indulgence after a year of resisting temptation. I make them I made batch of salted caramel sauce, the recipe for which you can find on Sally's Baking Addition.

This weekend, I decided to try and use up some of the left over salted caramel by adapting my basic cookie recipe. The result was scrummy! A batch of giant cookies, full of chocolate chips with a gooey salted caramel centre.



To make 10 giant cookies you will need:
  • 350g plain flour
  • 300g sugar - I was trying to use up the 'odds and sods' so used 250g of golden caster sugar and 50g of white caster sugar.
  • 250g unsalted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon of baking power
  • 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • Chocolate chips
  • Salted caramel (chilled)
For a detailed method please visit my previous post here...

Briefly, cream the butter and the sugar, mix the the egg then add the remaining dry ingredients and the chocolate chips (leave a few chips to press into your cookies before cooking).




  • After your dough is made, roll it into 20 evenly sized balls, placed on a baking tray and chill for 20 - 30 minutes.
  • Bring your cookie dough balls out of the freezer and allow them to come back up to room temperature for 5 minutes. 
  • Gently flatten half of the balls and using your thumb create a dent in the centre. Spoon a small amount of chills caramel into each dip. 
  • Place the remaining dough balls on top of the caramel ones, gently press them together and slightly flatten. 
  • Press a few chocolate chips into the top before placing spread very far apart on a baking tray tray and baking for 15-17 minutes at 180c fan.
  • Remove your cookies from the oven and allow to cool almost completely on the baking trays.
  • If you can resist eating them, transfer your cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.




Of course, you could make the cookies smaller if you wanted. I liked the size of these as they were a real treat!

And that's all there is to it - happy baking!

Let me know how you get on - don't forget you can follow me on Facebook, twitter and Instagram. I'd love to see pictures of your bakes!

Rach x






No comments:

Post a Comment