Friday 2 September 2016

Baking Round Up

Well, it's been a while since I sat down to write a blog post. Lots has happened since I last blogged including buying a house with Stevie Feathers and finally flying the comfy home nest. I now have a little kitchen of my own to bake in which means I can make lots of mess without getting in anyone else's way!


We also brought a bunny rabbit called Benny!



I've done quite a lot of baking since I last posted but all of it has been done for the enjoyment of it rather than for writing blog posts. I did apply to be on be Great British Bake Off again but sadly I didn't hear a peep this year. I won't be applying again, despite being confident that I could bake some pretty good things in the infamous white tent I am just as happy baking for my nearest and dearest.

I will get back into baking regularly  and posting new recipes on here, I still need to get round to typing up my Vegan Oreo cupcake recipe...

For now though, I thought I'd do another 'baking round up' with photos of all the things I have baked but didn't blog about.

I have been doing quite a few Royal iced biscuit creations which I'll share with you here.

The first was star biscuit wands made for the little kiddies in my sister's reception class as their end of term gift. I loved visiting them in school throughout the year and the water fight we had in the last day was so fun! As soon as I walked onto the playground one cheeky little chappy said 'Rachel, where's our cake!?' Clearly they have learnt that whenever I visit I bring them baked goodies!


The biscuits were each wrapped in cellophane as a finishing touch and had a tag with a lovely poem on that Alice found which summed up her love of the class and kiddies.

I also made a batch of umbrella cookies to keep the guests happy at the annual sailing day my dad runs in aide of Umbrella, a local charity.



The final set of Royal iced biscuits that I am so proud of were made for my very good friends as a wedding gift. I really enjoyed making them and was so pleased that the bride and groom loved them too. It was amazing to see the biscuits all set out on the tables as wedding favours.




I also had a go recently at making a cake for a lovely lady and her family to celebrate a special birthday. I've never made a cake in this style before and have never covered a cake with Royal icing so I was really pleased with how it turned out.



I have also been on another baking course this time courtesy of a Christmas present from my sister. I had a great day learning fancy icing techniques to make vintage cupcakes. I'm looking forward to spending some time this year putting what I learnt to good use!




And finally, a couple of weeks ago I had a baking marathon day for our annual garden festival hosted by my dad. Last year was the first year I had a little baking stall and it went down really well.

So this year I took to the kitchen again and our guests made donations for their cakes to Umbrella a charity who support disabled children and their families.

Due to our very generous guests I am thrilled to say that we were able to make a donation of £221.50 to Umbrella.


On the cake stall was...
Lemon drizzle cake
Marble cake
Rocky rocky
Vegan rocky road
Vegan peanut butter snap bars
Gluten free chocolate brownies
Victoria sponge
Vanilla cupcakes
And scones


I'm not sure when my next post will be but after watching the bake off this week and last I suddenly have the urge to make Jaffa cakes and Viennese whirls....


For now though, happy baking!

Love Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment